Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Bunches of Country Florals

I used to think I didn't really 'do' floral cards. But that was before I received a big box full of the latest Sizzix Lifestyle releases! I actually let the Trophy Husband do a comeback unboxing video to see his spin on all the new dies, and you can catch that on my YouTube channel HERE.


It's always fun to then see which of the die sets I end up playing with first because usually these are the ones that become long term favourites. One of the sets that caught my eye was the Country Florals set.


I love that it includes dies for a bunch of different flowers as well as leaves..... and it also includes those antlers too! I just adore this funky addition and I used them to frame this bouquet for a thankyou card.


I was so inspired I ended up doing another version of the same card design a couple of weeks after the first. This time I opted to tone down the colour palette even more, omit the antlers and layer in a few more flowers instead. That's because I wanted to focus on the florals so that it matched the sentiment I chose.


I stamped the 6" long "thank you" and masked a small section so I could add in the "bunches" as well. These are from the Stretched Sentiments stamp set from Ink Blot Shop (another new favourite aquisition!)

So it turns out I really do love making flowery cards after all! ;-)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails