Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2017

How to Become a Kit Killer and a Stashbuster!


We recently just moved houses and I had to sort through and pack up my whole craft room. Yikes! What an undertaking! As it turns out I might be a bit of a crafty hoarder! And I'm also a kit keeper, rather than a kit killer. Is anyone in the same boat? If so, then you might be interested in my latest class at Big Picture Classes called "Kit Building and Stash Busting."


Here's a couple of hints you might be a hoarder....
  • You set certain products aside to use 'for something special'.... only to find them months (or years!) later still in it's packet! 
  • You keep the smallest scraps of a patterned paper still grouped together with the rest of the kit contents it came with.
  •  You own eyelets ;-)
 

So my idea for the class came about when I made a resolution to break my hoarding habit and start actually using up some of those hidden treasures deep within my stash, and I can't tell you how satisfying it is to let these products see the light of day!


My solution was easier than you think.
Since I've always been a big believer in kits (makes all the difficult colour and product decisions for you before you even get started) then I figured I would begin by making up my own kit with all the bits and pieces that I've been 'saving'. 


The first lesson in my class "Kit Building and Stash Busting" will teach you how to go about doing this. I'll answer such questions as 'Where do you start when you're building your own kit?' 'What do you include in your kit, and what should you avoid?'


In the four subsequent lessons I'll share with you how I actually went about creating with my kit! This includes four videos where you'll see my process for making my projects, as well as hints and tips, and challenges along the way.


I ended up with two layouts, a pocket-page spread and three cards... and I pretty much killed my kit! Each project looks different, and each project looks as fresh as if I'd just created it with the latest releases. And the best part? I actually used up a bunch of my stash... and I ENJOYED it!!


So if you're looking for a way to challenge yourself this weekend, check out "Kit Building and Stash Busting" over at Big Picture Classes!

If you're not already a member you can sign up for a FREE 14-day trial, and you'll get access to the whole back catalogue of classes to try out. I've got some other ones over there as well. These include:
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails