Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Card for Every Baby!

Soooo many people around me are having babies at the moment. And I don't just mean my patients! I mean, my friends, my colleagues and my family are all popping out little bundles of joy which means I need quite the stash of cards for baby showers and birth announcements etc etc. Here's a few that I've made recently....


Firstly, I've got this very non-traditional approach to a baby shower card. I mean, dinosaurs? But when I saw the little triceratops on the skateboard as well as the little hatchling then I knew it could work. Not biologically of course. But the cuteness factor is still there right?!


Plus, it was a great excuse to bust out this Neat and Tangled Prehistoric Stamp and Die set and give it some colour. It's one of my new favourites!


For this card I decided to gather all my cute little baby animal stamps from across a number of different sets and go with a more traditional pastel and floral approach ;-)


No actual baby-specific stamp sets here, in fact, the bear and bird are from a Neat and Tangled set called Lumberjack Love, and the rabbit, carrots and flowers are from an Easter set called Cottontail Cuties!


Thinking along similar lines of having a cluster of cute celebrating animals I also created this one. The main difference being that this IS a baby-themed stamp set. It's a much older Studio Calico set that's unfortunately no longer available.


I think I need to use my letter stickers on my cards more often - I love this look!


Lastly (for now at least) I made yet another similar version by stamping and embossing the baby animals over an inked background. To create the slightly bleached look I painted them with plain water before mopping up the excess. This removes some of the coloured ink as well which makes the images stand out more.


Are you crafting on this happy hump day? I hope so!
xx

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails