Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Jot's September Mood Board Challenge

The Mood Board at Jot Magazine this month is an explosion of bright colours.
So I guess that should explain the card I made for it....


See what I mean?
It's all super-saturated Aztec-inspired tones of nature with rough textures and I absolutely adore it!

I have to admit, sometimes when I approach a mood board I try to pick out one or two colours as my primary focus and then perhaps add a sprinkle of the other colours if I can manage it. This time around I decided to forget all rules of design and just try to get all the colours on there in equal amounts and layer it all up with all those textures too!


Mission accomplished I'd say!
It's crazy busy and awesomely dimensional and it just makes me want to rub my fingers over all the different surfaces.... but it certainly fits the mood board!
Plus I'm rather proud of myself for using up all those Studio Calico wood veneer feathers that have been hoarded in my collection for the longest time :-)


Won't you join in with us again this month and make something papery inspired by this incredible mood board? You can catch all the details on the Jot Magazine blog HERE.

Photobucket

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails