Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Studio Calico Jolly Holiday Reveal

The May kits at Studio Calico have been revealed overnight - they're called Jolly Holiday and they're soooo fun!!


This month I'm lucky to be contributing to the Creative Team gallery and I'm working with the Stationary Kit. Well, I say that, but I don't actually get the Stationary Kit as such since it's already filled with cute ready-made cards. Instead I get a few of the add-on supplies such as the Cloud stamp and die, the Dad die, and the 4x6" paper pad and I try really hard to put together some cards that might just inspire you ;-)

 

The first thing I wanted to test out was the cloud die that comes with the stamp set. Ironically the die doesn't actually cut out any of the 3 cloud stamps but that's ok because I figure that fussy-cutting a cloud isn't that hard! But having a die opens up the possibilities for combining them in a bunch of different creative ways.


I wanted to give the impression of rain spraying out of the cloud, after all, it's supposed to be a baby 'shower' right? But maybe this ended up looking too much like a jelly fish instead?! Ha!!


Now I'm fairly in love with clouds as an embellishment so I figured simply stamping the clouds in a repetitive pattern might be kinda cool. But to give it even more interest I made it a little bit water-coloury by inking up my stamp and then spritzing it with water before I stamped it down. 


I white-embossed the sentiment over the top to make it stand out.

  

While I had my Color Theory inks out I decided to get a bit techniquey with this New Dad card so I masked off a circle, sponged on some inks and sprinkled some water and mist over the top which makes it look very nicely like a planet.


I used the scripted Dad die to cut out part of the sentiment and turned this into a card to celebrate a new dad. What's that got to do with being a new dad? I don't really know! Something about being king of the universe and have big dreams and what-not ;-)

    

Still loving those cloud stamps I decided to put them to use one more time and make a sweet pastel baby shaker card. That sprinkle paper from the 6x4" paper pad was the perfect background and while I was aiming to keep this fairly neutral I'm thinking it's probably more boyish than girlish!


My last card was one I debated long and hard about whether I would be brave enough to attempt. This is what I mean....


The Trophy Husband saw the sentiment on Pinterest some time ago and quickly sketched out an idea for a card he thought I should make. You may have seen me share it on my Instagram? Anyway, when I saw that the Unicorn stamp set included all the elements I would need to actually put this card together the temptation was too great to resist ;-)


I used the digital stamp version so that I could manipulate the scale of the elements so it would all come together appropriately. Really, is 'appropriately' the right word? Probably not!

Anyway, that was my lot of creative effort for the reveal. I'll no doubt be creating a whole lot more with these supplies in the future because the possibilities are endless. Those clouds right?

You can shop for all the new supplies here.


Did any of you see the first (and epic) warehouse sale Studio Calico held on the weekend? Well now the good news is that you can get your hands on some of the heavily discounted bargains by pre-ordering a box of mystery goodies. Get a planner box, a documenter/scrapbook box or a stationary/card box for either $50 or $100 and receive a stash that's worth HEAPS more at retail prices! Check it out here.

Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Love your cards Natalie-inspires me to make more cards...& the unicorn one had me LOL!! funny as!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails