Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Jot Mood Board Challenge for May

I have to admit, when I saw the latest Mood Board challenge at Jot Magazine I wondered if I was going to pull it off. I had a brief moment pondering failure - but in fact, that's exactly the sort of thing that spurs me on, and since I'm never one to back down from a challenge I decided to embrace it instead. Here's what I created:


The fleeting failure thoughts entered my mind simply because this is about as far removed from my favourite go-to colours than I can imagine. I'm typically a sunshiney bright happy pink and green type of girl! But this Mood Board is dark and mysterious, mechanical and slightly grubby.


Maybe that's why it made me think of making a card for my Dad!! ;-) But honestly, some of those other clever Jot Girls have made the most delicate feminine projects too, so there really is no end to the creative adventure you can have with this one.


I reverted to my typical card-making style and started building up layers as I went through my stash and continued to pull out more bits and pieces that would fit the colours. I surprised myself with how much I had actually, and this card came together in no time at all.


 Won't you join us for the May Mood Board challenge at Jot Magazine. The lovely Jamie Pate is donating a pack of gorgeous Heidi Swapp goodies for the winner!
Find all the details HERE.

Photobucket

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails