Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Jot Magazine Issue 10

The latest issue of Jot Magazine has just been released and as usual it's fabulous! For a free digital magazine you really can't get anything of a higher quality. Doesn't the sneak alone make you want to dive into it's pages?


As a Jot Girl I have two layouts in this issue. The first one features in the "Say What?" gallery which is all about the funny things our kids say. I had quite a few quotes I could have used for this one.


But I settled on a recent story about when Bethany met Amy Tan in March. She had only just discovered the world of Instagram and was gaining a few followers, and therefore considered herself quite famous. She wasn't shy about meeting a real scrapping celebrity either. She marched confidently up to Amy and stated, "I'm Bethany, one of the Elphie Kids. But you must already know who I am."


Yep. True story.


Now it only seemed fitting that if I was going to do a layout about Amy Tan that I should make it with Amy Tangerine products, so I pulled out my Yes Please collection and got to work. By mixing in a few different and newer supplies to embellish, it gives it a fresh look I'm think.


Because this issue of Jot Magazine marks it's 2nd birthday there's also a Celebration/Party gallery which I used as the prompting I needed to finally scrap about Bethany's 8th birthday. Which was in September by the way. Now you know why I said 'finally'!!


For this I used the Poet Society kit and it's Add Ons from Studio Calico. Not for any hugely sentimental reason other than me trying to kill a few of my older kits and this happened to be the first one I grabbed ;-) I keep all my old kits bundled together in separate plastic bags because I do like revisiting them from time to time.


Again, I like to think that if I add in just a couple of different embellishments it gives the kit a bit of a newer feel (even if the other embellishments aren't new themselves), but really I guess that's only in the eyes of myself and anyone else who happens to know obsessively which supplies came in which kit.


My much bigger stroke of genius came when I decided I was going to do my journaling 'interview style' and that I would actually let Bethany write her answers directly onto the page herself. Now it really is capturing this moment in time even better by including her handwriting too.


You can find both my layouts as well as a tonne of other inspirational projects (it's 166 pages long!) in Issue 10 of Jot Magazine right here. And did I mention it's free?!
Happy reading!
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. THese are both lovely, and what I call 'your' style....great snaps, lots of journaling. Real storytelling, memory making stuff!!! AND the papers are really, really lovely, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous pages, both of them! Love the journaling, especially the "interview" ... going to pin that one as I definitely need to do an interview or 2 or 3 too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG so so stunning..!!! love love love it all... you rock

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails