Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Story of the No-Glue Butterfly Card

I got a little opportunity last night to scrap and I wanted to try and catch up on a couple of NSD challenges if I could. I tried to knock out two or three, but ultimately only came up with one. It was a case of 'let's pull out a million things, try them out in a thousand different combinations and then just hurry up and sew it down where it's last landed because now the baby is crying' kind of crafting.


It seems I'm in a bit of a Mood Board mood lately because it was this stunner that took my fancy from the Pinkfresh Studio and Winnie & Walter NSD challenges that prompted my card. 


Inspiration mainly came from the image in the bottom left. Yellow butterfly, kraft and white lacy doily - that's what got my creative juices flowing. The green layers were added because I needed a little splash of colour, and the pink pearls were scattered just as the pink flowers are all over this mood board.


But seriously I mean it - there's no adhesive on this card for any of the paper layers. It's literally all just held in place by the sewing down the middle of the butterfly! Cost-effective as well as fast ;-)


Did you manage any NSD scrapping this week?
xx
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. I think I did....oh yeah! I did.....love this one....that butterfly is lovely & the stitching to hold it down...works a treat. Course, for me, I would have resorted to a staple or two. LOVE my long arm & I do not like my sewing machine. Actually, IT doesn't like ME....I mean....what's a little glue stuck up your thingy between friends...... I think Sewing Machine needs to get over it and move on:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of double sided tape I've sewn through is quite incredible. I guess I'm just lucky that my sewing machine happens to love me ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails