Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Walden Sneaks

The Mood Board for the November Studio Calico kits is so golden and warm - definitely reflecting the ongoing Autumnal theme in Walden for this month.


But heee heee.... of course I'm not in an Autumn mood because Spring is here in Australia. The warm weather has hit and I'm desperately raiding my wardrobe to find some loose clothes that I can get away with with my expanding belly! So I'm taking up the challenge once again to turn my Main Kit into easy breezy Springy/Summery layouts.


I first started with a grey, green and navy combination which worked well with some pool photos. And did you notice there's a grey version of those ridiculously awesome rubber alphas that were so popular in the Camelot kits from a few months back? Love them! Especially love that they're so tacky I could place them on my layout, decide to move them about a hundred times - and every single time they peeled up without ripping my paper and are still strongly adherent where I finally settled!


For my second Main Kit Only layout I added in some orange to the green and blue mix, which certainly warmed it up and gave it a tropical feel. I got a little dimensional here with some folded paper and a swipe of paint. It'll all make sense when you see the full reveal. Or at least I hope so!


Experimenting with one of the digital versions of a stamp from Baker Bridge (Add On 3) I couldn't decide at first whether to cut it out or sketch it with my Silhouette Sketch Pens. Both versions looked pretty cool. The unofficial poll on my Instagram told me to cut it out. Good decision ladies!


Next up I got my usual girly fix by working with some pinks from Concord (Add On 1) and went a little bit cluster-happy with a myriad of embellishments! This kit has also got the Amy Tangerine embroidery stencil and kit which is a whole bunch of awesome and I've used it for the title on this page. I'm about to share some different sneaks on the Studio Calico Message boards if you want to check it out there.


My fifth and last layout (so far!) is the Christmas one! Yay for Christmas crafting! It's my favourite kind!! And I do love the good ol' pink and aqua, lime and red combination for Christmas.  You are all going to need to make room in the budget for Pine Hill this month ;-)

Speaking of Christmas crafting, there's still time to sign up for Send Joy which is the Christmas Card making class running throughout November. It's all about making those cards in bulk easily and stress-free. No better time to get on and get started I'm thinking. We all know how difficult it becomes once you start leaving it all to December.


And with the myriad of new Christmas supplies that have hit the shop there's been more than one item make it's way into my shopping basket over the last few days in preparation for bundling!

Oh and one last thing....
The latest subscription offer ends in a couple of days. Just thought you might not want to pass up the opportunity to get a free grab bag?! Hee hee!


Happy Scrapping!
Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails