Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Story of Thick & Thin

With more than enough leftover supplies from the Carta Bella Hello Again collection from the Paper Stories shop I went ahead and made another layout. Remember how I said at the beginning that I thought perhaps the black paper would make an interesting background? Well I couldn't get that thought out of my head, so this is what I did....


Contrasting against the black & white background I wanted lots of bright coloured papers (all my 'scraps') and I used up quite a few of the Element Stickers too. I thought I better stick to a black & white photo with all that going on and even though this one is pretty ordinary in quality it makes up for it in sentiment.


The photo shows me with 2 of my colleagues. We were all posted to work at the same hospital around about the same time. There's been lots of ups and downs over these last 3 years but I can always count on these girls for support, and that means the world to me. The title of my layout "Through Thick and Thin" reflects that idea.


There was a sticker in the Elements sheet that read 'thank you for being a friend' and it worked perfectly here, and even one of the Ormolu Flair Buttons had a cross on it which reminds me of hospitals so it also found a home on this layout. I think it's great when your embellishments are pretty, but I think it's even more awesome when they help symoblise the overall theme.


Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Oh!! I love this LO!! Beautiful way to add a connection with the embellishments too..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this over at PS & really, REALLY liked it....the bg paper looks fabulous......I don't think I could pull it off, but you've done a splendid job...& I love the sentiments & ideas behind this pic, too:):):) And BTW, now I want to see the 'horror' pinata pic. Of course!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails