Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Story of Aviation

Keeping on with the red, white and blue theme, I thought I'd share another layout I put together with the June JBS Papercrafting kit.


The kit is a little bit aviation-oriented with it's October Afternoon Travel Girl pieces, and the vintage TWA ticket. That's what I began with when I sat down to do this page. But then I thought I'd take it up a notch by including a slither of red Studio Calico paper from my stash which is covered in aeroplanes. Because even though kits are great at taking the guess-work out of choosing supplies, no one ever said you had to only stick with what's included!


And whilst it's not obvious to anyone else, this photo was my first choice of what to scrap. It's actually taken when we took the girls to the airport viewing area (I guess you would call it). It's where you can park your car or walk around and watch the planes flying low directly overhead as they come into land. Sssooooo noisy and a little scary for Moodles, but Munchy had a ball as you can see from the grin on her face!


I didn't journal about that event though. It really only lasted for about 10 mins before Moodles was hysterical, so it wasn't exactly noteworthy. Instead I used it more as a prompt to journal my thoughts on when Munchy will be grown up and leave home and how she should follow her dreams and achieve her destiny. A little bit more melodramatic no? Hey, sometimes you've just gotta use your scrapbook page like a diary entry I say. Write without fear of who's going to read it. Get your thoughts down even whilst they're still forming!



And when you come up with a really clever title you should get that down too!
Photobucket

JBS June Kits Used: 


6 comments

  1. I immediately recognized the SC paper with the planes. Great take on the page - our little ones do "fly away" too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! another gorgeous LO!! I love your clever title and your journaling style! I agree 100% with the "just write it down" method. Thanks for sharing..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pop of red airplane paper from Documentary is PERFECTION for this page, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those papers along the side & that ribbon pleated along the bottom....YUM!!! I really like this one - & well done on getting those thoughts down:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous! Love the colors, the design and that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails