Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

The Story of the Autumn Beach Excursion

My annual leave has been very creative so far. I've got quite the abundance of new layouts, although I'm trying to work out which ones I can share and which ones *might* become part of my application for Masters. In the meantime I've also got a few 'older' layouts that haven't yet made it on my blog.


I've got no intention of even contemplating Project Life, but that didn't stop me from picking up Kayla's first Project Life Kit she's now offering subscriptions to at Polly! Scrap Kits. It was quite stunning and the Heidi Swapp papers are just my style.


I mixed in a few leftovers from the Main Kit and a couple of items from my stash to work with the May sketch at The Scrapbook Store to inspire my layout.


The papers in the kit are all 6x6" which isn't too much of a creative stretch to make a layout when you think about it. After all, apart from the background most of the time the papers I use are all cut up anyway. And the Jillibean Soup polaroid frames were perfect to line up across the top as the sketch suggested. 


I know that recently I've been scrapping lots of beach photos from my tropical holiday, but in fact these snaps were taken a couple of weeks before in 'sunny' Victoria. 


Ironically, we've lived close(ish) to the beach on and off for nearly 3 years now, but we've actually only visited it once before. That's quite sad really isn't it? Despite it being April it was quite a warm day so we decided in the spirit of family adventuring that we would take an excursion to the coast.


Kids are resilient little creatures aren't they? They thought nothing of stripping off and jumping in the water and building a few sandcastles! On the other hand I was still huddled up in my jumper and scarf ;-)

Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Simply love how you have used your Polly Kit :) and it looks like your kids enjoyed your second trip to the beach ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout, Natalie and true, these papers are so "you"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect - summery, fresh and beautifully embellished. You are going to rock Masters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you have done with this. It is a bit sad not to visit the beach more often especially if you live so close. It gave you a great theme to craft about though. Keep up the awesome scrapbooking.

    My homepage: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails