Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

The Story of my Wild Child

Sorry for the short bloggy break. Too many hours at work makes one less creative and just more tired I'm afraid ;-)


But oh my was I thoroughly excited to be invited back to my old stomping ground Scrap Friends to be one of their Guest Designers for the latest Colour Challenge!! And even more excited when I saw this Yummy colour palette.

I decided to concentrate on the pink/peach colour along with the grass-green and use the black and red as my highlight colours. It helped that I've still got quite the stash of products in these colours from my days designing full-time for Scrap Friends so I literally just threw all of it on my page in one giant explosion of linear layers!



It started with this fabulous Glitz Designs piece that reads "Live What You Love" which I've been meaning to use for the longest time. I must have pulled it out to include on a page on at least 3 different occasions and it never made the cut.... until now! I glammed it up a little more with some Glossy Accents on the heart, and the addition of the FWAB Pearl Chloe Flourish.


I don't necessarily think that Moodles is truly a Wild Child, she's much too well-trained to go really crazy! She knows the rules and likes to stick to her given boundaries. Thank goodness! But she is a kid of course, which means that she will still run amock and generally have a good time. I snapped this cheeky photo of her one day when the fire alarms went off at church as we were all evacuated. She was ignorant to the edgy atmosphere and was running up and down the grassy slopes having the time of her life. It's one of the true privleges of childhood isn't it? To be blissfully unaware of the stress levels of the adults around you, and just go on having a ball!


The colour challenge runs for a full month, so you've got until 14th June to play along too. The winner will receive a $25 voucher to the Scrap Friends store so you'll want to be in for this one! Check out the rules and all the designers inspiration on this blog post here.

Photobucket

Supplies:


2 comments

  1. Threw it together? NO WAY!!...really??? It looks so well planned & I'm loving the composition....^ that 'always play' flourish is YUMMY:):):) Glad you're back with us for a while:) I've looked after Lucas today. Friday is my day. I'm totally exhausted....but love it, of course....gotta keep blogging while my eyes are functioning:):) Have a lovely weekend:)....LOVED seeing you back at SF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page...love the layering and super details! Love the happy and bright photo too! Agree totally...when tired then creativity certainly wanes! Hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails