Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Story of Going Out in Public Looking Like That

I was pretty excited to get my hands on some Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic a little while ago. What's not to love about this collection? It totally had me with its pastel colour scheme and cutesy embellishments, and I just adore the splash of metallic gold in it too!


I immediately put together this layout with lots of my favourite bits, and some Studio Calico wood veneer elements too. I did things a bit backwards for this layout because after I chose all my papers I then went about finding a photo that would match. Actually, come to think of it, that's how I scrap all the time!


I stumbled upon this photo which totally makes me giggle :-) I snapped it one afternoon when I bundled Moodles up in the pram to go and collect Munchy from school. I think it's important that the girls exercise their freedom of choice, exercise their creativity and generally have minimal restrictions placed on them for things that really don't matter. Like choosing their own clothes for example. And accessories.


So on this day when Moodles decided she wanted to wear brown boots, pink leggings, a purple dress with a blue jacket I thought - wow - that's going to be colourful! And then when she decided to augment the outfit with a pair of her dad's sunglasses on her head and a pair of dress-up glasses on her eyes I had no reason to say no! Well why not?


Yes we really did go out in public looking like that!

Photobucket

5 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails