Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Story of Bling for Boys

Because the vast majority of my scrapping is all about my girls, when it comes to scrapping masculine topics I tend to carry over some of my usual habits. I've got no fear of adding things like butterflies and flowers etc on boy-layouts!


So when I heard that the October challenge at Flourish With a Bling was going to be about using 'Bling It On Boys' I didn't even  have to hesitate. In fact, I already had this photo on the top of my pile to scrap so it couldn't have come at a better time.


I'm not sure if it's cheating or not, because I think any celebratory project deserves some bling, and DEFINITELY a birthday party should have some bling involved... even if it's a boy's!! And because the photo already had some sparkle in it the rhinestones only served to enhance that.


I used FWAB Kate's Corner Flourish in Silver to frame the photo, and scattered some of the 'spare' rhinestones in my paint splatters. How fun! And speaking of fun... have you been scrapping long enough to recognise these papers I've used? LOL! Old-school Sassafras! Love it to bits, and i am SO glad I finally gathered the courage to dip into my stash of Sass :-)


The Bling It On Boys challenge is open until the end of the month, so there's plenty of time to get your entries in. There's a bundle of goodies to be won, including the same Kate's Corner I've used on my layout. All the details can be found on the FWAB blog here.


Photobucket
Supplies:

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails