Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Love Your Art

More kid art to share today. It really is becoming quite a passion of mine. It just feels so satisfying to know that I'm actually preserving these wonderful pieces of artwork my children churn out. Because otherwise I've got no doubt they would eventually end up in the recycling.


The first month that I was asked officially to be a Guest Designer for Jenni Bowlin I was so focussed on trying to 'be the best that I could be' that I think I forgot to be real! But the second time around I decided I was going to make the layouts that were important to me no matter what :-)


So putting aside that my 5-year-old doesn't yet turn out 'professional' looking pieces of art and that by including them I've turned my page into a very rough and homespun layout. But it doesn't matter in the slightest to me at the end of the day. I love her artwork. And I love that both my girls love to create. I guess that's perhaps one thing they get from me.


The way I decided to incorporate Munchy's drawings on this one was to actually cut out the individual elements and use them just like ready-made embellishments. It was a stroke of genius if I do say so myself! LOL!! I'm going to use this technique again :-)


Supplies:

1 comments

  1. Completely lovely. I adore the way you incorporate the kid´s art in your pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails