Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Farewell...

It's come time for the 'old' team at Once Upon a Sketch to step aside for the newbies that are coming on board. So it's with mixed emotions that I say goodbye to my DT position with Nadia and the rest of the fabulous team.


Sad of course because this is a fabulous challenge blog with a philosophy that I truly believe in; that's about capturing the memories and telling your story. But excited too that I got to be a part of this fantastic journey from the beginning, and it's time for some fresh faces and new talent to join.


So this shall be my last layout share as a Designer (I've got a feeling I'm going to be joining in as a participant from now on!!) We worked with this fabulous sketch:


and made sure to include this month's theme which is "Birthdays". You can interpret that anyway you like, and journal just about anything to do with birthdays. I captured a recent memory that I had written down in my quote book.


It was recently my 30th birthday and during the celebration The Man turned to me with his philosophical look on and stated "you've accomplished a lot in your 30 years. You've got 1 husband, 2 kids, 3 degrees....and....um....... you live 4 hours away from your parents!" Like that was something to be proud of?!! HHhhmmmmm not sure about that?


If you want to give the Birthday challenge a go, then check out all the details on the Once Upon a Sketch blog. They've positively got a truck-load of prizes to give away. Too many for me to list them all here! And good luck for the future OUAS :-)

Supplies:

3 comments

  1. Love how you've decorated the circles all differently, Nat. FAbulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that layout! Beautiful. And the story behind it. Ha. It's funny what we all value in this world. Some value money. Some success. Some how close they are to family. Some value drugs and alcohol. I think success is when we have more happiness in our life than unhappiness. :) Sounds like you must have that!

    Congrats on a successful run,... think I'll check them out. I love that sketch you posted!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails