Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Look Above and Beyond

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows that I'm a huge Michael and Janet Jackson fan. In my teens I was one of those crazy crying-screaming-fainting die-hard fanatics. These days I've got a little more self control, but there was still no way I was going to miss the Janet Jackson concert when she toured Australia late last year.


My darling husband went above and beyond though by combining it into my birthday celebrations and staying up late to purchase VIP tickets to her concert at the Sydney Opera House, staying in a 5-star hotel and flying first class. EEeekeeeekkkkkkK!!! That was worth a scream!


As it happened, the night of our concert was also the same day the verdict in the Michael Jackson manslaughter trial came in. So whilst she didn't make any obvious reference to it when she came to sing her song "Together Again" the screen behind her was filled with photos of them together. And you could see right in that moment what you sometimes overlook..... that she's just a normal person mourning the tragic loss of her brother.


So when I saw the journaling criteria of our new challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch was to finish the sentence "I miss......" I decided to do this page from Miss J's perspective.


And the sketch associated with the journal challenge continues to inspire. I have a hunch that beautiful Nadia will never run out of brilliant ideas!


I'm using some fabulous Imaginarium Designs chippies on my page - that awesome heart shape was just perfect for my "rock-star" theme don't you think? They continue to sponsor prizes on the OUAS blog, but we've also got a truck-load of other prizes too. You really must check out all the details on how to play along here.

Supplies:

Calvinball points: 28

2 comments

  1. Your pictures are great too! You always have such neat and meaningful layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO Natalie it really captures the atmosphere of a live concert - great pictures too you must have been close to the front of the stage?
    I took my daughters to see Taylor Swift last weekend and the photos I managed to get on my i-phone were not good :( The show was amazing though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails