Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Creative Type

It's been way too long since I last joined in with The Creative Type challenges, but I simply had to succumb to the magazine inspiration challenge they're currently running.


The magazine page I used for my inspiration actually came from the October Afternoon blog where they're having a similar challenge with a particular article. Now I would have killed two birds with one stone and entered the layout into both challenges..... except it totally slipped my mind to use any October Afternoon products. DUH!!


Probably because I grabbed my latest Studio Calico kit "Story Hour" which had pretty much everything I needed in it to whip up this layout about my nephew. So in fact, I've mainly used Crate Paper here...... with no complaints :-)


I even cut up the big shipping tag that came with my Studio Calico order and used it both as my photo mat, and as the giant M beside it. It's my nephew's initial so it makes perfect sense, and it makes quite a statement don't you think?


I'm so chuffed that even though I was making a boy page I still managed to incorporate quite a bit of pink, and flowers and keep it masculine. Here's the inspiration piece that I found on the OA blog. It's a page from the latest Madewell catalogue.


Calvinball points = 33.5

2 comments

  1. This is just so unique- LOVE what you've done with the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this.....I must get my foam stamps out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails