Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Soar Like Eagles

I'm sorry - but the way I'm going lately, you're going to be seeing a lot of my kids art on my scrapbook pages. I like that it's preserving another aspect of our everyday lives, and I kinda see each page now as a collaborative effort.


I'm only using pictures they drew independently. I'm not going to direct them to draw something so I can include it on a layout, that's not the point. So when I found this drawing that Munchy had stencilled the words "They will soar on wings like eagles" on I knew it would be perfect to include on a page.


I'm still getting lots of inspiration from the Pretty Little Studio sketches, and this week's was no exception.


I turned Munchy's journaling into part of my title and I augmented it slightly by adding the colours with waterpaints.


I wanted to highlight the contrast between what the future holds for these kids (one day they will soar on wings like eagles) whilst savouring the childish things they do now. And this succession of silly photos did the trick nicely!


Supplies: Using up some Sassafras papers, and those cute felt clouds are from my friend Aga's ScrAp this! shop.

6 comments

  1. Natalie...your layout is fantastic. I really love how you incorporated the artwork in it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The irony for me was that my LO just became my 2 yo' s art lol. And (thankfully) the back of the photo. It was just the background pp and I was only in the arranging phase. Will have to use that pp another time to showcase her one of a kind piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful concept, beautiful page natalie! i just adore this! I esp love the watercolour addition to... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely brilliant!! LOVE. Huge LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE seeing the artwork on your pages Nati :) so nice to look back on in years to come and I love how you've added a bit of watercolour to the art and the clouds :) beautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails