Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's a wonderful world..

Moodles has well and truly entered that "why" stage. Although with her it's actually a "what's that" stage. She stares with wonderment and she points and reaches and asks in her squeaky high-pitched voice "whatsdat?" about a hundred times a day!


And as far as new and exciting places to explore is concerned, there's no better place than my parent's farm. It's full of discoveries... even simple things like this walnut tree that she's entranced by in the photos.


When I edited these photos I wanted to capture that feeling of excitement and fantasy so I added all the sparkles. Which then gave me the idea for the title ('cos I was feeling rather stuck by the time I got around to needing one at the end). That's something I tend to struggle with a lot - trying to think of inventive titles. Does anyone else get like that?


On my layout I tried to extend that same sparkly effect by sprinkling some glittery punched vellum shapes across it. I really like the end result - lots of embellishment and texture without heaps of bulk.


And I ended up adding the entire packet of Jillibean Soup label stickers because I liked the effect (and to be honest, I couldn't think of what else I might use them for since I'm most definitely NOT doing Project Life!! *LOL*)

I'm in the process of moving house again this coming week, so forgive me if it gets a little quiet around here won't you?

7 comments

  1. WOW!! This is great!! Love the vellum and the pastels and the mix with the Jillibean labels, Natalie! Happy Aussie Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a LO on my desk right now just waiting for the right title to fall from the sky. I sometimes feel like I don't want to add a title, but it just doesn't "feel" right. I try to use a quote and choose a word from it as the title. I love the sparkles you added to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this Natalie! The velum looks amazing!! and I love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work they are totally cute and unique !!

    Thank for visited and subscribed my blog Natalie. I will have a bunch of giveaways and challenges coming up :P Isn't it fun to be challenge. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Natalie!
    Beautiful stunning page .xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I happened upon your blog while doing a search...WOW, am I glad I did. Such amazingly, beautiful stunning work! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Jasmine
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you use to cut your beautiful titles??? My first guess is the Silhouette...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails