Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

As simple as 'ABC'

I like to find the positive side of life. I'm a glass-half-full kind of girl. So if there's one good thing to say about letting go of some of my DT comittments then it has to be that it allows me more time to play along with challenges, and to get through some of my accumulating stash :-)


I was instantly drawn to the current challenge on the My Mind's Eye blog this month. I'm sure you can see why. Here's the sketch.......


Look at all that room for journaling!!! Wooo hoo! I love telling the stories of life on my pages - the daily happenings, the funny quotes from my kids, my thoughts and emotions, the things I'll want to remember later on. Rather than just the date and place the photo was taken.


Along with the sketch, the journaling prompt was "Back to _______"
I pondered on that one a bit until I came up with this page which records my thoughts on Munchy needing speech therapy classes. I didn't plan any of my journaling ahead of time. When it came to adding it, I just picked up my pen and started writing.


I called it 'Back to Basics' because that's what we're really focusng on with her speech. We're practicing her pronounciation and phonetics of speech. Lots of guidance and 'repeat after me' exercises, encouraging her to shape her mouth and where to place her tongue..... that sort of thing. And it's working! She's making great gains, and is sooooo diligent for a 4 year old. She hardly ever complains about the practice, and is very proud of herself when she learns how to say a new word properly.


Of course, I used lots of My Mind's Eye products here. A mix and match jumble of some of their older lines like So Sophie and Alphabet Soup papers, with some newer brads and stickers from Stella and Rose.

Happy days :-)

2 comments

  1. oh this page IS yummy- and this pic is so precious. I'm always so in awe of how well you've told stories with your pages- they will be treasured, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie, I like how you've interpreted the circle into layers. Might have to scraplift this idea. I don't sew so there may have to be faux stitching instead. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails