Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Outside Time

Sassafras CHA Challenge Day 3.
Kimberly Neddo challenges us to scrap a summer tradition. Now I know it's the middle of winter here for us Aussies but I couldn't resist this challenge for many reasons, the least of which is the giant pile of photos on my scrap desk which is labelled "Summer 2011"


As long as the weather is sunny my girls enjoy the tradition of 'outside time'. After about 5 o'clock in the afternoon, when Moodles has woken up from her nap and we're wanting them out of our hair for a while whilst we prepare dinner (I say we, but usually it's The Man) then the girls are told it's "outside time".


It's so nice to finally have a backyard the girls can run around in, and this last summer has seen them make very good use of it. They get up to all sorts of mischief, including this idea that Munchy has that she can pull Moodles around in her little red wagon. Easier said than done..... but she's very determined :-)


Lots of mixing and matching of collections on this one with only a brief sighting of non-Sassafras items such as this Imaginarium Designs delicate chipboard piece. I started off with the negative from a 12x12" sheet of Mix and Mend journal stickers and built my layout up from there.


I started counting how many different Sassafras collections I was able to incorporate into this page, and realised I had done a better job than my page for the monthly challenge which was to do that very thing! Oh well :-)

Last CHA challenge tomorrow, and one of my favourites is yet to come.

4 comments

  1. I think you better win the challenge. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! It's great how you've pieced it together and the layers are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty Natalie & the photos just pop off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails