Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Little Homemakers

Have you heard of the term "kit killer" before? I only recently came across this on the Studio Calico forums, and it just means someone who is able to completely finish a kit (as far as I can figure!)


Now generally I am most definitely not a kit killer. I still have what seems like oodles left over from each and every one of my Studio Calico kits. But when it comes to the DT packages Suzanne sends me, well I try and make sure I kill it then!!


So all these patterned papers on this layout is what I had left over from working with the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker range. A mish-mash of scraps that I thought might be difficult to finish off.

That is, until inspiration struck me in the form of this layout by Dina Wakley and I knew it would be so easy to just layer them all on. Slap on a quick coat of gesso and they become more like a textured background rather than strong dominating patterns.


And with a bit of free-motion stitching (with a machine that didn't seem to be cooperating at the time) I created some perfect journalling spots that become the focal point of the layout. Cool hey?!

PS. Yes, they are flowers made from cupcake wrappers. Seemed apt given the layout theme!

2 comments

  1. I really like the priginal way that you journaled this page and the shot of bright yellow looks great, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey natalie!!! I am a definetely a kit killer..LOL! I will try and stretch out the kit to use pretty much everything in there. I dont put it away because I never get back to it..So I try and make cards with the left overs, use the alphas as a background etc etc...try to get my money's worth! Love what you have done here ....such beautiful pics as well!Hope you are well, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails