Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Lesson Learnt

I am quickly gaining a steadfast love for My Mind's Eye. I have just adored so many of their recent collections, so I mixed and matched a couple of them here to create "A Learnt Behaviour."


I'm taking part in the current Challenge on the My Mind's Eye blog, which was to use the following sketch designed by Anam Stubbington, and incorporate the theme 'A lesson learnt'.


I started with one of my recent Studio Calico kits which had a few pieces of paper from the Alphabet Soup Collection as well as the die-cut paper from Lost and Found, and then I added a few more pieces from both the Girl and Boy Alphabet Soup ranges.


The challenge stipulates to use at least 80% My Mind's Eye products which I think is totally fair but perhaps difficult to interpret sometimes about what makes something 80%? I didn't really have any MME alphas so I simply used an alphabet die to cut them out of one of the papers just to make sure I was sticking within the guidelines :-)


I made these little luggage tags out of more paper and painted them with some gesso so you could read the journalling clearly. Munchy has a real love for nature, specifically bugs! She's not fussy and loves nothing more than finding snails or slugs or other creepy crawly things in our garden.


So one day she told me she was going 'bug collecting', (although in reality she actually went 'bud collecting' as she stripped our trees bare of their flower buds!) I think she learnt this kind of behaviour  from the TV (where else?!!) as she said, and I quote "when I grow up I want to be just like Bear Grylls. I want to eat bugs and drink my own wee". 

If we're talking about lesson learned, then I'm not quite sure this is what I want her to learn! However, perhaps it's taught me a lesson about how much TV my 4-year-old watches!!

7 comments

  1. CUTE!!!!! You record the most wonderful memories, your albums must be wonderful to browse through!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combo and stitching details on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bug collecting, I didn't know little girls did that! What a great interpretation of the sketch and I really enjoy all your handmade additions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that made me laugh! They come out with the funniest things, don't they?

    I love your page. MME is so beautiful and incredibly easy to use isn't it? The patterns are subtle and the colours just devine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of all the MME- I'm sure we'll be seeing you featured there!!! And your story is too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute layout. And story too. I can so relate with my almost 4 year old grand daughter. I love MME too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very precious! Love the layout AND the journaling! The tags that the journaling is on are so lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails