Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Elementary My Dear Watson

Yes, that's right. For the month of July we're seeking our inspiration from Sherlock Holmes at From Screen 2 Scrap.

The movie poster looks like this: 


But how you interpret it is up to you.
However, if you include any of the optional criteria then you'll get bonus points!

If you use metal somewhere, you'll get 1 point.
If you use teal or shades of green, you'll get 2 points.
And if you put your title in a square or rectangle you'll get 3 points.

Easy!
Here's what I did.


I'm really hoping my patterned paper passes for teal (it's quite possible I'm clutching at straws and it's just plain blue!), but I've definitely got the other two criteria covered :-)


There's metal on each of the 6 pins here behind my sun slash flower. And there's also that metal label holder down the bottom. I followed this Cosmo Cricket tutorial when I was making the sun. It's supposed to be a lot puffier I think. Mine was not cooperating :-)


Cute little bird. Does anyone know who makes it? It was given to me so I'm not sure.

In other related and very EXCITING news........
In August, From Screen 2 Scrap is turning 1!!!! And to celebrate we're having a great big shin-dig!!


For a start there will be a blog-hop, running from 9th to 21st August with prizes at every stop. Yay!!


And to make things even more exciting, there will also be a treasure hunt!!


And plenty of other prizes at the From Screen 2 Scrap blog. 
I'm sooooo looking forward to this. More details coming soon.

In the meantime, start working on your Sherlock Holmes inspired pieces :-)

And speaking of prizes, I'll be drawing the winner for the Kreatorville prize this afternoon so you've got another few hours to get any last-minute entries in. Just look at the posts below. 

3 comments

  1. This is such a cute LO and pic to match!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pic & wonderful LO (as always!!) I love the paint inside of the stitched frame- it is subtle, but does it's job perfectly! :) (I think your sun looks sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout, so cute. Love the sun, I think it looks great but it seems we are all critical of our own work. And guess what, I've created a layout for this challenge too! Going to send it shortly with instructions "Natalie sent me over" Not as cute as yours, but at least I'm one page closer to my goal! Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails