Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

I made the team!!

I really enjoyed my time as a Guest DT this month over at  Handmade by Suzanne's.  I got to play with the gorgeous Fancy Pants Roadshow Collection which was a line I have to admit I hadn't previously paid any attention to. But once I got it in my hands I found out how lovely and vintage and shabby it was. Totally my cup-of-tea!! I like making discoveries like that :-)

Speaking of which, I better show you my last layout I made with it hey?


This was my last layout for a reason. This is the kind of layout you make when you're only left with one big block of paper and not much else! As you can see, the vast majority of this page is the Pink Paisley paper (in the Fancy Pants Roadshow Collection), and this time I used alpha stickers by Pink Paislee - confusing isn't it?!!


I mixed it a tiny bit of the Dainty Print paper, and a little bit of the ribbon into my journaling strips for a bit more colour and texture.


But basically my embellishments just consisted of a few punched butterflies and hearts. I left all the crazy sewing threads hanging like that to give an impression of movement (like the butterflies are actually flying you know?) I asked The Man what he thought about that. He said 'sure, it looks good now, but it's going to look very messy once you put it in an album' which I guess is probably right but.... who cares?!!

Anyway, so between this layout, the sunbeam one I showed you in the last post, the transparent layout with the butterfly tutorial, and a few cards I must have done something right because..........

Suzanne asked me if I would join the HBS team permanently!! I am so super-stoked about that! It's almost probably better than making the Design Team in the first place because I feel like I've really earned it (not that the other girls on the DT haven't earned their place - I just mean that if all the spots are already filled and then they make you a place then that's got to be better right?) You can see the announcement here.

And so starting next month I'm part of the regular crew. I've already got my DT package and have whipped out a few layouts which are pretty lovely if I do say so myself. It sure helps to work with amazing products, and I'm working with some stunning new Basic Grey goodies. So stay tuned :-)

12 comments

  1. Congrats to you!!! And can't wait to see what you have created :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Very well-deserved!! Looking forward to seeing more inspiring projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, congrats on making the team that way. That is awesome!!
    Secondy, that layout is really beautiful. I love how you left the threads hanging & your journaling technique. Do you use a typewriter to journal or is that a computer font? It looks very authentic.
    Congratulations Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Natalie! Fabulous to have you on the team! Luckily I am already following your blog, but I will link it up to mine tomorrow.
    Congrats again!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you, sweets...you SOO deserve it! I LUUV the flight threads from the butterflies...BRILLIANCE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! & what a beautiful LO! I love the little paper strips w/ the intermingled ribbon and those butterflies with the stitchinG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Natalie, and very well deserved! So excited to see more layouts. Love the thread technique and tip on this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on joining the HBS Team Natalie.

    Love how you did so much with so little on this layout, very clever, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I love your work so Im not surprised she wants your fabulousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo Natalie, congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK! That is beyond fun!!! I'm so excited for you- although, not the least bit surprised! :)
    I do have a question re: the man's comment on putting it an album. Do you use page protectors at all? I so love all the details & oodles of layers you often use- and like this sweet string swirling about- but the albums I use kinda flatten that all out.... (not that I've scrapped enough in the last several years for it to matter!) just curious! this is a wonderful LO- of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woohoo soooo excited for you Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails