Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Kreatorville Week (+1) Day Two

Yes, it's going to be Christmas in June today as we celebrate the December kit from Kreatorville Kraft! A totally brilliant seasonal kit, perfect for scrapping all things Christmassy.

But first, let me tell you something special and unique about the Kreatorville kits.

Every single month Keandra gives you a choice of a handmade title and a handmade embellishment! Who else does that??!! Now these aren't something she just quickly scribbles down..... she sells them in her Etsy shop Aptly Titled (which you really should go and check out - you can even order your own customised bobble-head!! how cool!). But subscribers get two of them for 'free' every month in the kit - and you get to choose what suits you! They are totally brilliant and add a fantastic handmade look to your layouts. People will think you've slaved over the finer details for hours :-)
These were the embellishment choices for December:


In fact, it was seeing this amazing Reindeer that cinched the deal for me. I immediately emailed Keandra and asked her to sign me up as a subscriber, and while she was at it could she please turn back time and sign me up starting with the November kit (see yesterday's post for why I said that!)

And once I got my beautiful reindeer I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. It became the focal point of my Christmas album cover and looked absolutely PERFECT!


I have to admit, this mini-album is the one time I have matched the kit contents up with lots of other paper and embellishments. But that's only because I was on a quest to scrap as many of my Christmas papers as possible (since they're generally so hard to use at any other time of year). If you're curious you can see the inside pages of this album here.


And here's my December kit title put to good use too (although the rest of this layout isn't actually made with kit contents - sorry). The photos don't do these justice - they have a subtle glimmer to them that just screams Christmas!

Here's one layout that is made entirely from kit contents......


Yes, we got amazing Prima flowers! And yes, we got luscious velvet ribbon! And Shimmerz spritz! And perfect papers and cardstock for scrapping Christmas photos without it looking too overly 'themed'.

Compared to the November kit I haven't done a lot with it I'm afraid, but you know what Christmas is like.... who has time for scrapping?! 

So instead let's talk about that prize!


There's a few things here, but it includes at least one thing from each of the 8 Kreatorville kits. Let me break it down for you.

1. Woodgrain Dymo tape from the November kit
2. 3 x chipboard snowflakes from the December kit
3. 2 x Buzz and Bloom chipboard arrows from the January kit
4. The Aptly Title "Renew" from the January kit (how I haven't used it already I'll never know!)
5. I really struggled to find anything left over from the February kit apart from some scraps of paper, so I've punched a whole bunch of shapes from a few of them (a bit of a cop-out I know!)
6. A yard of green silk leaf trim from the March kit
7. 1 x Buzz and Bloom chipboard diva (I thought at first glance this was from the April kit, but it's actually from the May kit - so apparently I don't have something from every kit..... sorry)
8. A complete set of Sassafras Lass chipboard alphas from the May kit
9. An un-opened bottle of Shimmerz Spritz in Olive leaf from the June kit

I'll remind you how to win it.....
Leave me a comment on this post, and on any (or all) of the Kreatorville Week (+1) posts that are coming up. That gives you 8 chances to win.
Next, if you are a follower of the Kreatorville blog (go and sign up now if you like) you can leave another comment on this post (and every other post coming up). That gives you 16 chances to win!!

Get ready for the January kit tomorrow :-)

12 comments

  1. I find it amazing that you found time to scrapbook at Christmas time, or shortly thereafter. What a special gift to yourself and family to record your memories in a special book just for that season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that reindeer too! Your Peace layout is too sweet and I love the color combo in the nativity layout! I have hopped over to her etsy and I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did go to the mini album link and I loved it! I would like to make a few minis but have only just started on that I got from a blog friend in Scotland--just need to put the finishing touches on--maybe yours will inspire me to finish up!
    Anyway--your nativity page is AMAZING and of course I love the Peace LO for its sheer sweetness! I saw your tribute on Kreatorville's site--thought it was great!
    Thanks again for sharing all of your great ideas and it's so sweet of you to have giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie!! Fantastic creations here and I just LOVE that Christmas mini - you are right, the reindeer just looks perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fantastic ideas! I'll remember this for CHristmas 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful creations!!! And you are so cracking me up- she's going to HAVE to hire you with all the sweet words you have for her- or put you on the dt!!! :)
    I do wonder...do you sleep? *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your minibook here!! So colorful and cute!! Great kits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when I first saw the december kit, I was sooo impressed by Keandra's handmade embellishments!! That reindeer is gorgeous!! And you made a wonderful mini with it!
    Thanks for day no. 2, looking forward to day no. 3!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh! The prize really looks great! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LUUUUUV that "Peace" page!! And you rocked the mini!! It has a PERFECT mixture of holiday papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigosh, these holiday projects are gorgeous! I'm with Karen: how do you manage to get these beauties created around the holidays! I'm still scrappin' stuff from 1988!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails