Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Little Miss Sunshine

The new prompt is up at From Screen 2 Scrap and it's a bright, colourful and happy inspiration piece we've got to work with this month.



The rules are pretty simple. Just create something (doesn't have to be a layout, and if you do a layout it can be digital or traditional) based on this movie poster for Little Miss Sunshine.
And then, if you want to increase your chances of winning then think about incorporating any or all of the optional criteria.

1) Must use yellow on the page, either the title, base cardstock or photo matt = 1 bonus point
2) Must use as part of your title 'Little Miss'....... or 'Little Master'....... Example: Little Miss Happy. Little Master Grumpy or Lille Miss Megan or Little Master Connor = 1 bonus point
3) **Movie Diva Demand** for an extra 3 bonus points.... give me either a car, truck, train or van somewhere on the page




I am really hoping that I can inspire more of my followers to have a go at the challenges in 2010. You don't have to be the best at scrapbooking or on a Design Team, I just want you have a go! There is always a Random Draw prize and Guest DT Raks and 'Golden Globe" prize too so there are lots of prizes for everyone to share :)




When I had finished my layout and my husband saw it his first reaction was "it's a bit flat isn't it?" So I quickly fluffed up the scallops on the border "what do you mean?" I say to him. "Well usually you have so many layers that each layout is up to here" he says, waving his arm at chest level. Hhhmmm, it seems I have fallen short of expectations - and I didn't even think I had a recognisable style! I do love my pop-dots though. So that's when I added the little butterfly embellishment on the journalling for a tiny bit more dimension. It was totally punched out of the literal scraps on my desk (that's why it doesn't coordinate, and there is glitter on the pink paper where Girl No.1 had been playing!) Just a little insight for you all!



I used the poster like a sketch, so included a row of square photos across the top, the title beneath them, and then a cluster of embellishments in the bottom corner. I planned to have the yellow background and the title with "little miss" but didn't think I was going to be able to include a car. However, I was using some of my lovely Studio Calico products and noticed at the last moment that one of the stickers in the pack had an old vintage car on it - so that did the trick!


So I hope to see some of you playing along this month - and let Shazza know I sent you!

2 comments

  1. Oh I just love it!! Hope I have time for this challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, funny story! So your husband really looks at your LO's huh, mine glances at them and goes "uhum, nice" LOL.
    Beautiful LO Natalie, I like the design and the playful colours. Tell Shazza I'll try to play along ... I try every month, though I hardly ever manage to actually do it. I sure wish there were more hours in one day!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails